Only 24 hours to spend in London; what should I see...? London Advice: British English
Get acquainted with the English you'll hear in London... History: A century of London on film
Video clips starring London, from the 1890s to the 1980s... Music: Reggae & Ska in London
Imported from Jamaica, Reggae and Ska took root in London... Buildings: London's tallest buildings
After years of stasis, London is building upwards. Main ones here... Blog Highlights: Great London Eccentrics
The human mole, Stanley Green & the Flying Pieman of Holborn Hill... Who Are Londoners?: Second World War
1940-42, London suffered sustained bombing during the Blitz... Art & Culture: The British Museum
A trip to London minus the British Museum, is a partial trip... Hidden London: Brockwell Lido
For several weeks a year, London temperatures are smoking. Cool in the pool...
|Photo Gallery of London Sights|
Click on the thumbnails to open the photographs below in a Lightbox. Scroll forwards by clicking the right of the photo and back by clicking the left. Click outside the photo in the black border to close the lightbox. To load all the slides click the link 'All Pages' in the article index, then click on the first photo.
- Albert Hall and Memorial: built by Queen Victoria to mourn the death of her husband.
- Bird on the pier at Greenwich.
- Old Bond Street: for designer fashion and jewellery.
- Buckingham Palace: built by John Nash in the 18th Century.
- "Allies" - Churchill and Roosevelt: bronze cast in Old Bond Street.
- City Hall: the location of the Mayor and London Assembly.
- The Clock Tower: in Westminster Palace is home to the bell Big Ben.
- Docklands: a financial centre built from the ashes of London's unused docks.